View Follow Gutman in a larger map

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Selling my Truck Sucks

I love my truck, but it has to go. i figured I'd put an ad for it up on autotrader and that would motivate me to fix everything that is wrong with it. I figured, i should probably get the spray paint off the side and the number the tow truck guy put on the upper left hand corner of my windshield. Both of which have been there for over a year. both of which have prevented the neigborhoodlums from fucking with it in fear of the repercussions of vandalizing a gang affiliated vehicle.

7 weeks to go and still way to much to do. These last few weeks i have drowned my worries with 1000's of ounces of booze and cigarettes. Last night I was up all night with a cough and figured it was time to bring myself back down to reality and face my responsibilities. Too many loose ends left untied will leave me caught in a web of shit. Better to take some scissors to the end of that rope as opposed to letting it fray out of control.

anyone want to buy a truck, or insure my vaccinations shots, or buy me a water purifier.

6 comments:

G said...

Ok, this is fucking weird. Right after i wrote this post, i go to my truck and see a note under the windshield wipers.

The note said "hey, i am interested in buying your truck if you want to sell it"

is this a sign....? yes! or some guy is reading my mind and trying to kill me.

G said...

Gaining some traction here. I posted my truck on auto trader, vehix, and craigslist. So far I have received various phone calls from people around the bay. it just so happens that all of these people have something in common. They are ALL Hispanic. I can't say I am surprised as the name of my truck is the Mexican gangster. I hope this thing sells soon. the question is, once it sells, how the hell am i going to get to work.

only 1 month or so left before my last day, so I'll figure it out. or see if i can't just work from home for the last 30 days.

G said...

I met some more hispanics this morning who no habla englais, perro esta bien porque mi espanole es bueno ahorra.

but my spelling aint so good. They woke my ass up at 6:30 this mornign to go down to embarcaderro and broadway. they offered me 5k in cash and waved an envelope full of money under my nose. yeah, i posted the truck for $6,500, but yeah i want to sell this thing and be done with it. No fuckin way was i gonna take that envelope from them before the banks open. who knows what type of shady counterfeit activity these guys are up to. I am meeting with one of them tomorrow at 9 am to do the deal. I am taking the 5k and running with it. Fuck it.

G said...

SOLD THAT SHIT. 5k in the bank. As i watched these guys ride away in the "Mexican Gangster" (that was the name of the chevy, and it just so happens that these guys were in fact Mexican) all my memories of that trucked flashed before my eyes.

-Barrett getting taken advantage of in the back seat.

-driving 6 deep from SF to las vegas

-Cruizin on Connor's ranch

-Dirty deeds on top of twin peaks

-Exploring for tarantulas up on Mt. Diablo

I'll miss that truck. Hope those guys have as much fun in it as i did.

Unknown said...

-driving 6 deep from SF to las vegas

Im glad I was there for that one Gut...Ill never forget watching Half Baked on the portable DVD while inhaling Causey's gas.

That was the moment where I decided that I will NEVER drive to Vegas again.

G said...

Hell yeah Vaghar. That was defnitly one for the record books. Glad I could hook it up at the boardwalk before it was shut down. The Best/Worst Hotel in vegas.

Ballin!