View Follow Gutman in a larger map

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I MADE IT!

I literally thought this day would never come, and now that it is here, it feels surreal. That is the only way for me to describe it. But my Mexican mustacheo reminds me of just how real it is.

I got in last night at 8:30 and immediately went to an Obama victory party, cracked a beer with my dad, and watched as one elderly woman made it her personal mission to pop every balloon in the entire place. I wanted to shoot her.

But alas, there is no room for such negativity.
I slept till 11:30 this morning, woke up in time to go out to lunch with my dad and his friends, the ROMEOS (Retired Old Men Eating Out) where we proceeded to discuss the state of everyone’s prostate and the results of their latest colonoscopy. But they are good guys and like to have a good time. So after the 2nd beer, I was game for any/all conversation.

Tonight my dad and I will celebrate my postponed birthday. Remember Remember the 5th of November.

And so begins my adventure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

look at you guys! Awesome to receive the word that you've got this going. You've got my business email, and that works...it's what I check most...ROCK ON!

Anonymous said...

I got your Dad's holiday letter today from mine and it is so awesome to see you and your 'stache! In some ways it feels like ages but in another like we were at your apt in Tokyo yesterday. Stay in touch if you can especially if you are ever in Philly, PA! I'll be thinking about you on this journey :)
-Amanda Benson
215-301-9379
ajbenson6@yahoo.com