View Follow Gutman in a larger map

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The madness is over...for now!

This last week was a whirlwind. All my friends came in. We drank, and ate and explored and laughed and had merry times.

Some of the highlights were closing down the bar on Wednesday night, BBQin on Thursday with just my dad and my crew, exploring Guadalajara on Friday, playing tennis with the old folks on Saturday, and having a party at the house on Saturday night.

There is a slide show below that captures the moments.

I have to say that it was amazing for all my friends to come out here. Not just because it was a blast having all of us hanging out together in one spot, which only happens a few times a year (if that), but because I was able to share a part of my life with them which they had not previously been exposed to. I love coming down to Mexico and it was a real treat for me to play tour guide. I think they all genuinely had a good time.

Plus I know it meant a lot to my dad. He has not had this full of a house since passover of this year when my mom was still alive. There was a ton of energy and life passing through this house this last week and I know he was basking in it with smiles all the way.

Alas much of the madness is over and playing tour guide for a week can be exhausting, so I am happy to have some quiet time right now. Gov, my dad & I are relaxing and unwinding from all the debauchery. I am looking into some art classes out here and am getting ready to leave for my cousin's b&b for Thanksgiving on the 27th. By bro and sister in law are coming out and we have a blast out there. After which, Gov and I will be cruizin Mexico City with my old roommates from Australia. I haven't seen them since and they are gearing up to show us a great time. Here we go again!

Till then I plan to work on my man tan, hike and explore the mountains in the area, catch up on some reading, and maybe even take a nap or two. Rough life.

Click on the slide show to enlarge it!

2 comments:

Lazer Cheese said...

gutman - ad on the travellingg! what is this a blog or an infomercial! on to more pressing info. about a 2 weeks ago i walked into the coat of arms and was impaled by the mace! i have a nasty as scab on my thigh. it went in about 2 or 3 millimeters. i could have gone to the hospital, but that isn't my style. i played home doctor and patched myself up good as new. went to a cutty bar tonight, the tended thought chris was gay and yelled it across the room, go figure. hope mexico is holdin up, drink some heady mescal for me.

Lazer Cheese said...

i hope those are roosters you went to see!