View Follow Gutman in a larger map

Tuesday, November 11, 2008



My friends are now trickling in. Kevin arrived at 6:30 on Monday morning. I was obligated to drink a couple of beers with him and play a few games of pool when he got here. all before 8am. and when i say obligated, i mean privileged. and when i say privileged i mean, i made him.

There are 6 of us here now and i pray that by the time this is all over, my dad's reputation will remain intact. I don't think this town has ever hosted 11 gringo 27 yr olds at 1 time. I am being serious.

This morning, in order to shake off some of the dust from the night before, we went for a hike up the mountain behind my dads house. There is a small chapel up there where every Easter, the locals have a procession and carry the cross to chapel. It is a pretty cool hike. Not to mention there are markers along the hike that tell the story of the different stages of the procession of Jesus before he died on the cross. So we got a small biblical Spanish lesson as we sweat out tequila. How's that for clash.

There is a beautiful view from the chapel that overlooks Lake Chapala, Ajijic (my dad's town), and a few good looking 27 yr old guys.

I plan to take my friends above and beyond this chapel within the next few days to a corn field at the top of the ridge. Pretty cool spot.

2 comments:

Chasmo said...

Michael-

Good to hear you're bod's getting a workout - arm, legs and liver! Say high (or hello) to your dad and I'm sure I'm not the only one of your blog readers that is wishing to be in Ajijic!

I think I'm jonesing for a vege burrito at the Secret Garden or perhaps a good cup of Oaxacan Roast at El Café Grano Café.

Definitely keep up the entertaining posts - we'll be checkin' in often.

Might as well get a plug (and a link) in here for Explore and Retire in Mexico and Amigo Spanish while I'm at it! ¡Vaya con Dios!
Chas

Lazer Cheese said...

Mexico looks awesome! It must be amazing there this time of year.